Saturday, February 05, 2011

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home

ORIGINATION Megan
LAST LISTENED TO
late week
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT
vague
RATING
★★★★

Some mornings only the briefest of snatches of a song is in my head. These are the testing mornings, especially if it just a riff. Luckily this morning it was lyrics and ones easy to identify. Unluckily, all of the time I lay in bed, I could remember not one more piece of the song, just the endless tumble of two state names.

This song was a gift from my lovely friend Megan and it is one of those songs that will always remind me of her, whenever I hear it. It is a charming boy-girl pop song about finding a home in love, "home is whenever I'm with you", that can't fail to bring out a smile. It also starts with whistling, has that state name tumble and ends with some sweet, sweet trumpet. I'm sold.

No comments: