Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

ORIGINATION Gorillaz
LAST LISTENED TO maybe a few seconds last night
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT ok, i guess
RATING

I do kinda like this number, but not hugely. I fear it is the Damonish element in it that part of me finds objectionable. Which doesn't make too much sense, as i don't on the whole dislike Blur. Maybe it is just over-exposure that bugs me.

Actually now that i think about it, the reason that i don't really like this too much is that it's just not that good. Compared to other similar work, and i'm thinking in particular of the Handsome Boy Modelling School (with whom they share producer Dan Nakamura), it is second rate. I guess you can't go far wrong with a good marketing campaign.

Jamie Hewlett's graphics, on the other hand, i do have a lot of time for. Always have done.

No comments: