Monday, May 08, 2006

'80s Crap

I almost couldn't believe it when i woke and found what was in my head. Not only do i dislike most of these songs, but i can't even recall hearing anything of them in a long, long, lonely, lonely, lonely, long time. It actually took me a little while to work out what was going on as well, since they were all playing at once. So, starting with the best:

Madness - House Of Fun

ORIGINATION some ancient singles compilation
LAST LISTENED TO some years back
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT really, really small
RATING

I do have a soft spot for Madness. They were the first band i ever noticed and liked. House Of Fun was really just a typical single of theirs and it was one of whose meaning i had little comprehension for quite some time after first hearing it. I believe i used to think it was just about a joke shop.

Aha - Take On Me

ORIGINATION no idea
LAST LISTENED TO never
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT in a just world there would be none
RATING

Now we get to the crap. How this came to be in my head is totally beyond me. Although, i do seem to recall an old friend and sometime flatmate who used to quite like these buffoons and who would of an occasion play their music. This was especially unpleasant when he stayed in the room next to mine, with our rooms being separated by partition walls so thin it was a wonder that they didn't just fold to the floor. And why is it i can still picture the bloody video that went with this crap? It was the one that was all pencil drawing coming to life, wasn't it? To be fair, however, i do like just a little bit the high-pitched wailing bit near the end. I have no good reason for this.

Billy Idol - White Wedding

ORIGINATION again with the no idea
LAST LISTENED TO sometime around 1984 probably
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT clearly there was one, but it was a million to one
RATING

I offer no excuses for this because it's not. my fault. Not really. Who can claim responsibility for their subconscious? I make the insanity plea. Eye thang yew.

No comments: