Monday, January 16, 2006

Franz Ferdinand - This Fire

ORIGINATION Franz Ferdinand
LAST LISTENED TO last night
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT high
RATING

I missed the Franz Ferdinand boat when it first sailed. I guess it's got something to do with my aversion to new music. I seem to prefer to let music settle for a few years before i bother my arse with it. It separates the wheat from the chaff. The cream rises to the top and the rest sinks. I was going add something about vintage wine next but i much too tired this morning to work it out and i've mixed enough metaphor as it is.

So anyway, Franz Ferdinand at some point went beyond new over-hyped band to band i decided to finally check out. I have no idea when that was, but i surely have Dr. Craig to thank for that as i seem to recall him playing me Take Me Out. For once the hype actually seemed not to be worthless. It happens sometimes.

This weekend i was in a mood for their brand of spiky new wave pop and, lo, i did listen unto them. No surprise then that i woke this morning with these words in my head:
This fire is out of control
We're gonna burn this city

Actually the only thing that was a vague surprise was which song it was.

No comments: