Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The theme from Alfred Hitchcock Presents…

ORIGINATION probably on one of my Hitchcock DVDs
LAST LISTENED TO not really ever
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT curious
RATING

Oops, i forgot to remember to write this morning. Maybe because it was such an odd one to wake with. I can only assume that the music was playing on a menu on one of several Hitchcock DVDs that we have watched recently.

You probably know the piece without knowing that you know it. It's always made me picture Hitchcock as the jovial and rotund prankster, as opposed to the master of suspense and world's greatest film director. But then since it was used for his TV series, wherein small, dark tales where told, perhaps that was the point. The contrast. A fall sense of security. Hitchcock was a master of manipulating his audience.

I have no idea who wrote the music or even who performed it. Doubtless it would have been the studio orchestra for whatever tv station that ran the programme originally. I don't have a copy of it and i have better things to do than to track down the info. If you really care, then find out yourself and let me know.

No comments: