Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bob Marley - One Love

ORIGINATION dunno, around
LAST LISTENED TO many years ago, except for last night when Bill Bailey made us all listen to it in his show
CHANCE OF WAKING TO IT irritatingly good
RATING

I just can't be bothered with Bob Marley. I'll admit it might be due to musical snobbishness. Or, then again, maybe it's just that i don't like his music. Although it's hard not to like, so i dunno. What's most likely is that it's due to his ubiquity. He is the only Jamaican artist most people ever hear, which is pretty sad.

One Love, along with No Woman, No Cry are the most over-played of all of his tunes and, consequently, are the two i am most sick of hearing. Take it away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True, whenever I tell people I'm a huge fan of Reggae, I am usually met with "Ah, yeah, I love Bob Marley"! Hardly anyone mentions the fantastic Toots Hibbert, who invented to word "Reggae". No mention of Lee "Scratch" Perry, The Ethiopians, Alton Ellis, The Pioneers, I could go on all day listing reggae bands and artists that are far superior to Bob Marley.