Sunday, March 26, 2006

(radio interference)

Nothing at all this morning. Well, there was faintly something, i'm sure but Desert Island Disks was on in the other room as i woke up. The first thing i can remember hearing is a recording of Mussogorsky's Night On A Bare Mountain which pretty much cleared out whatever junk was in my head before it. Not that i'm all that concerned. It's getting close on for two weeks now, since i last had a properly good song in my head in the morning. Two weeks! I really ought to have words.

Back to the radio interference, though. I find that there is something really annoying about Desert Island Disks when the guest only picks classical music. It just feels so… smug. If only Radio 4 wasn't so Radio 4 sometimes. And don't even get me started on the complete works of William Shakespeare and a bleedin' bible.

No comments: